Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Favorite Restaurant Resource!

So taking a step away from what we've been doing since August 9th (yeah we've been doing this for four months now!), I thought it might be a good idea to see if we can share each others go-to sources for reliable restaurant information.  For me, it's probably the first website I go to whenever I have to pick a restaurant.  Now, with a mobile app on the iphone, it makes it that much better.  I honestly don't go to menupages to read the reviews since I believe most people will sooner write a review for a negative occurrence but it's such a great source.  It has menu's ranging from the take-out place on the corner to the five-star restaurant that just has a tasting menu.  They list the restaurant's website if it's listed.  It categorizes the restaurants based on region (within the city), cuisines, if they serve only a certain meal (lunch and/or dinner) as well as enhancing your search based on recommending other restaurants that are similar to what you have chosen. 

Menupages.com simply is my favorite restaurant resource I've ever come across.  Sure I use Opentable for reservations, SeamlessWeb for delivery/take-out, NY Mag for trusted recommendations but it all starts with Menupages.


One new offering through Menupages is they now have an exclusive deal with many popular
restaurants in the city.  If you book your reservation through their website, they will take 30% off the bill.  Some of the 67 restaurants this applies to are Zengo, Gyu-Kaku, Fatty Crab, Japonais, Dinosaur BBQ and many others.  Don't say I never gave you anything...

So trust Menupages as your first choice for restaurant info, which now has 9,248 different menus listed and updated online. 


Menupages: www.menupages.com

So what is your favorite restaurant resource?  Is there a place you go for unique discounts/deals (Groupon, LivingSocial, etc.)?  Is there a one-stop shop you use for everything (Citysearch)?  Do you trust the reviews in certain books/websites (Yelp, Zagat, Michelin)?


I'd love to hear what some other favorite sources may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment