Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Favorite BBQ

Honestly, as most of you know, I'm pretty decisive when it comes to things.  I'll analyze, weigh my options and come to a conclusion pretty quickly.  But when it comes to my favorite BBQ in Manhattan I honestly have about 5 choices that come to mind.  To get into my preferences, I'm more of a "dry rub" type-of-guy and the Kansas City & Memphis styles fits me best - where you have your choice of sauces on the side.  The way I judge BBQ is not by having a restaurant's pulled pork or beef brisket, but by the RIBS (and they have to be pork).  My choice isn't Dinosaur BBQ, Blue Smoke or Hill Country which are all VERY good in their own way and definitely in my Top 5.  No, My Favorite BBQ in the city actually completely surprised me since their commercials are soooo weird...

Daisy May's BBQ's Memphis Style Pork Ribs is my favorite plate of ribs in the city.  It's also the best BBQ Iron Chef Michael Symon has ever ate.  Six humongous ribs (half-rack), that melt off the bone are served take-out style where you can eat in the back.  The "plate special" for $19.50 comes with two "fixin's".  You will not finish everything, but in the off-chance that you do, you will need to walk it off.  Now I've only been here three times but each time they've been consistently good.  I've had the macaroni & cheese and the creamed spinach as my sides and haven't tried anything else (why would I?).  You also have the choice of getting just a half-rack for $14.50 or full-rack for $29.00 without any sides.  If you're too lazy to go all the way to 11th Avenue, they have a street cart on 50th b/w 6th & 7th Avenues. 

Memphis Style Pork Ribs Plate Special with Macaroni & Cheese and Creamed Spinach
Daisy May's BBQ
623 11th Avenue (Corner of 36th Street)
www.daisymaysbbq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment